Free uk adult dating sited top palm pre not updating apps
The town grew partly due to travellers going to Berkhamsted Castle and the royal palace at Kings Langley.A mansion was built at Cassiobury in the 16th century.The houses were expanded and developed throughout the following centuries.Cassiobury became the family seat of the Earls of Essex, and The Grove the seat of the Earls of Clarendon.The land-owning interests permitted the canal to follow closely by the river Gade, but the prospect of smoke-emitting steam trains drove them to ensure the railway gave a wide berth to the Cassiobury and Grove estates.Consequently, although the road and canal follow the easier valley route, the railway company was forced to build an expensive tunnel under Leavesden to the north of the town.
Watford elects one Member of Parliament (MP) for the Watford constituency.
Watford's original railway station opened in 1837 on the west side of St Albans Road, a small, single-storey red-brick building.
It closed in 1858 when it was replaced by a new, larger station at Watford Junction approximately 200 metres (220 yd) further south-east.
A big house was built at Cassiobury in the 16th century.
This was partly rebuilt in the 17th century and another substantial house was built nearby at The Grove.